We follow the following workflow for releasing new features on PowerOn™.
Follow these steps to commit code for a specific feature:
- Fork the repo.
- Code your module on any environment of your choice.
- Submit Pull Request (PR).
- A Reviewer/Maintainer inspects your code.
- If it's good, it will be merged into respective branch.
- Else changes are requested by Maintainer on Github/repo/pulls.
- Maintainer deploy code on a dev and/or demo server.
- Feature is tested by a Project Manager.
Git Cheatsheet from GitHub
We employ 3 levels of testing for features and fixes.
Done by developer who wrote the code himself, possibly using low data volumes, in non-contextual use-cases. This is the lowest level of testing, by nature unreliable.
Project Manager Testing
Done by PM in broader contextual use-cases, potentially still with limited data-sets.
Customer + PM Testing
PM and customer together test the feature, to ensure full use-case coverage, potentially on live database.